Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sofie the Fashionista

It's cold here in SoCal. Now, I know it's not as cold as in some parts of the country, like in East Tennessee where my parents hit 18, but when you're used to high 70's most of the year, then anything below 60 is cold.

Anyway, I take Sofie for her first walk around 5am every morning and when it got cold, I started putting a shirt on her. She doesn't like to wear her shirts and tends to chew them up, but I figured if I needed 2 jackets and gloves, she could probably use a little t-shirt. I always take it off when we get back in the house so she can't eat it.

Yesterday, I didn't take her shirt off until we had gotten back to the bedroom and I left it in the bathroom for some reason. This morning, I didn't want to go back for it so I grabbed the harness and called her over. Usually, I say "paws" and she stands up on her back legs and I take her front paws and slide the harness on. Today she just sat and looked at me. I couldn't get her to come near me, much less offer up her paws. What did it take to get Sofie out of the house this morning? A shirt - she didn't budge until I got one out for her. As soon as I came back with it, she walked to me and put one paw in the air. So it seems the shirts are a hit, but only when it's cold and dark outside.

No comments: