Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bad Kitty

I just busted Baxter trying to eat Hamilton. I put the bowl on the lowboy right next to the front door because I thought it was too dark in the bedroom for the fish - he seemed to be sleeping all the time. I'm just a few feet away in the breakfast nook/wife-home-office catching up on blogs when I hear a noise I think is Sofie eating something. When I get up to look, Baxter jumps down from the lowboy and scurries off. I look at Hamilton's bowl and the water is sloshing around. It took me a minute to spot him in the bowl, he was hiding out at the bottom poor thing. Now that I think about it, I did wonder why the mail and stuff up there kept ending up on the floor all weekend. Baxter's been at it for a while with no success. Says a lot about his hunting prowess.

Of course, the husband almost did in the fish yesterday. We came back from walking the dog and he dropped the leash on the lowboy, not noticing the hook had dropped into the bowl. I'm sure Hamilton thought it was some sort of death coming to get him. He was hiding out under his red plant when I noticed it. Good thing I'm going back to work tomorrow. I don't know how much longer Hamilton can take this kind of abuse.

No comments: