Friday, February 03, 2006

Back To Atlanta

We're on our way back home. We got up this morning and went by McKay's one last time. I didn't have a credit on Mama Flora's Family so we traded it in and the husband used up everything we had left. I really do wish we could have a book store like that in L.A. Then we drove to Lenoir City and went to the cemetary to leave a lighter from Hawaii for Betty. We didn't stay long, but it was still pretty hard.

On the drive to Atlanta, I read the revisions the husband made to his old script and the first 40 or so pages of his new one. Both met with my approval and it had nothing to do with the moon pie the husband bought...

We stopped at Back Yard Burger for lunch. Love that place - totally better than In-N-Out. We took the food over to where the husband used to work - they have a lake and picnic tables. Fed the geese and the mutant duck bread and fries. Then we went around to a couple of comic shops and book stores. We were in one when the guy from the Fox pilot. He didn't say much about the project, just asked what my rate was. I told him, he told me what he had to offer and I said no. So much for the Fox pilot. Then we hooked up with some old friends for dinner at The Dwarf House, the original Chick-fil-A. I love that place, too, probably more than Back Yard Burger. The Dwarf House started in 1946 and I had always wanted to eat there. We sat under the moving artwork where the 7 dwarves go around in a circle from their house to the mine and back. It's kitschy and cute and I loved it.

Anyway, I really liked living in Atlanta, but I'm not sure I could come back here. It seems very crowded and chaotic, which seems silly to write knowing I live in Los Angeles. But that's how it feels. Maybe I'm looking for the old place from 6 years ago. Nothing stays the same though. I'm sure if we came back I'd figure out the new place and feel right at home in no time. But L.A. is my home. It's what I mean when I say I'm glad to be going home. It's where my life is, for better or for worse.

No comments: