Saturday, February 18, 2006

Santa Fe, NM

Even though I was 30 minutes late for my interview yesterday (due to a mix-up with the city the office was in), they offered me the job. I'm going to be the payroll accountant for Used Guys starring Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller.

I'm pretty excited about it - it'll be the biggest thing I've done. It's a 90 day shoot, which is about 30 days longer that PDII - and that was over by 9 days. The only real concern I have is I have to be in Santa Fe by March 20th and I won't be back in L.A. until the end of July. The first 35 days of shooting and all of the prep are there. I'm going to miss my husband and my dog (the cats are coming with me). Don't know yet what to do about Hamilton...

This will probably be the only location show I do and I may regret taking it, but I have to find out for sure. I've met a lot of people in the industry who have done location shows and they've traveled the world, from Morocco to Dubai, Toronto to Prague. I have to make sure I don't ever resent not having the opportunity to do the same. I know Santa Fe isn't that big a deal, it's not some exotic foreign country. But it's different enough from what I'm used to yet close enough to come home on the weekends or for the husband to drive to on his own for an extended stay.

And this is going to ruin Comic-Con. We just don't think it'll work out for me to try and be gone for 4 days without any replacements available. The husband may go on his own for a day, but we'll see.

There's a lot to do before we go. It's weird to think that 4 weeks from right now we'll be in the car driving to NM. Should be fun, especially if we take Hamilton, too.

No comments: