Thursday, February 16, 2006

Guilty Pleasure

As much as I hate to be predictable, I like candles. My husband doesn't understand my fondness for candles and thinks it's a gender thing. He once went to an office party where so many candles were exchanged they were banned from the gift list in the future.

Anyway, I'm always looking for good ones or cheap ones or pretty ones. When I find something special, I take it to work and show it off. I also burn my candles - I have yet to find one so spectacular than I just couldn't burn it. Candles have to smell good while being burned. I've had plenty that smelled great in the container but you couldn't smell a thing when lit. And I've had candles that turned rank when lit, that made people come to my office door and ask me to blow it out (usually long after I've already done so, but the odor remains...)

Erdedo gave me a couple of candles for my birthday and they are just about the best I've had so far. She used them when she was selling her house and apparently people commented on how good her house smelled. I totally believe it. They are the sugar shaker candles from the Swan Creek Candle Co (in almond biscotti and cinammon spice). I took the almond to work and every day someone comments on how nice my office smells. I've checked out their website and they aren't that expensive, but there are so many flavors to choose from I'm going to have a tough time. Thanks E!
www.swancreekcandle.com

No comments: