Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lucky Dog Day!

I'm not as glad to be leaving this job as I was the Showtime job. Man, that one sucked. But as much as I don't like the crap I've had to deal with on this reshoot because of the fast pace, I've really enjoyed the people I've been working with. Except for the PA. Now, I'm willing to cut any newbie some slack, but how many times do I have to tell him that I'm not authorized to call in a drive-on to the Disney lot? And hasn't anybody told him that the PA gets lunch? It still cracks me up to think about him giving his pad thai order to the accountant. Oh well. He'll either make it or he won't.

The husband and I are were going to take a day and go up to Santa Barbara, but I checked my dog guide and there aren't many places that allow dogs up there. Maybe we should go to Big Bear instead. It'll be cool and green and they like dogs. We'll see, since I still have to finish the unpacking. Ugh.

I did manage to finish the new Harry Potter book. I liked the ending. If it's really true, then I say about time. Harry needs to get out there and kick some ass. He's going to have to come to terms with his dark side before he can win and he can't do that with the old man around. Yep, sounds a bit like Star Wars, doesn't it? Not the new crap or the revisions. The 1977 classic.

Gotta get back to work. Still have people to call so they can get paid. I hate being a babysitter. Nobody in the real world has someone calling them to let them know they haven't filled out all of the paperwork. But what a hassle if someone doesn't get paid. Just not worth it.

No comments: