Saturday, July 30, 2005

Catch Up

I finally saw Jodie Foster yesterday. The PA spotted her out in the street talking to a couple of people and we all got up to look. Our office is on the second floor so she didn't see us. It's always weird to me how we can work on these things and not see the actors until some totally random time. Anyway, she looked like a regular person. No big deal.

While I was at Comic-Con, I helped Sped out with a little project. She's friends with the woman who was in charge of the Lucasfilm booth and they needed to come up with a "professional" photographer asap. Natalie Portman had agreed to come down and have her picture taken with some fans, but they didn't have anybody lined up to take the pics. So Sped called me, knowing I'm not the kind of person to get starstruck. As it turned out, the convention sent a professional, but I still got to help with the film loading and getting people out the door. It was kind of interesting to watch people whose lives don't normally intersect with celebrities. The fans weren't told she was coming, they were just given a ticket and told to come back at a certain time. Some people looked really surprised and a few people cried. I haven't been like that in a long time and I think there are only a very few actors who could make me like that... maybe Michael Caine or Sean Connery.

No comments: