Saturday, July 09, 2005

I'm Outta The Bath Now

I have been pretty busy these past few days. I'm still trying to get some stuff done around the condo while we have it packed up for the Pergo. I do love my Pergo, but I'm sick of the rest of it. I've put off the maid until Tuesday, so that's my deadline.

I painted the one wall in the study a really nice blue, but it came out really blotchy. I'm not sure what happened. But it's good enough because most of it will be covered by bookcases, which I finally got from Ikea today. I'm planning on putting all of the paperback books on them. All 14 boxes. Unfortunately, the cases aren't working out as I had hoped. They don't have enough shelves and the support holes aren't spaced right for paperbacks. I'm just going to have to make the best of it. Maybe I can order more shelves? Maybe I can drill extra holes? I'll figure it out. I just really want to get it done. I'm not a neat freak, but I hate living in this chaos.

I did have a job interview yesterday. It's for The Santa Clause 3. I hadn't realized the 2nd one had done that well, but who can figure out what a studio's going to do? It sounds like an ok job, not too difficult and they'll meet my rate. The biggest drawback is that it's in Downey. I'm not even sure where that is. I know it's south of downtown LA, which probably means an hour commute each way. At least. I left without an offer, but then got a phone call where the accountant said he'd talked to the studio about me and as far as he was concerned, I would be starting with him on the 25th of July. Huh. It'd be a nice long show, with 3-4 months of prep and a 60 day shoot, then 4 weeks of wrap. But the commute! I'm just not sure. You can totally believe it if somebody tells you they've turned down a job in LA solely based on where the office is located. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Then again, I've heard some stories about T.A. and I'd be interested to see if they're true! Might be good for the blog.

As for the bath, I think I've found my bootcamp. I've been twice and I am so sore. The bath helped a lot.

No comments: