Wednesday, July 27, 2005

SSDD

I have to add reshoots and additional photography to my list of projects to try to avoid. Too much work in such a short time...

I finally got a job. Not the George Clooney project, though. I still haven't heard back from them, but that's ok because I'll be doing a Universal show that may take me to Hawaii for 3 weeks. I got a phone call on Thursday from DG, whom I've never worked with before. While we were talking, she got a phone call from a mutual friend, Terri, who raved about me to her. When she got back on the line with me, she said if Terri recommended me, she was going to offer me the job without an interview. I took a couple of hours, then called her back and accepted. I figured if the Clooney people hadn't called, they probably didn't want me. Whatever. The new show is closer to home and will star Kate Hudson, Matt Dillon, and Owen Wilson. Should be interesting. And DG has some great credits to her name. May be a good one to hook up with.

Went to the cast and crew screening of Sky High last night. It's better than I thought it was going to be, but probably won't make a lot at the box office. Maybe it'll do better on DVD. Saw a lot of people that I hadn't seen in months, which is always nice. Even saw Barbara. Told her I wasn't doing SC3 and she was so excited by that I didn't have the heart to tell her I had taken another show already. I did tell her I had interviewed, so I'll drop an email and let her know by then end of the week.

I've been having really weird dreams lately and I'm thinking of blogging them. Not sure yet, though, since I don't usually remember them for long and if I do it's because they were bad dreams.

Have I talked about Comic-Con yet? I'll have to look back and see before I write about it. Don't want to repeat myself (shut up husband).

Got to have lunch now and get back to work. I have another stack of start paperwork and timecards to process for everybody who's done wrapping.

No comments: