Saturday, August 27, 2005

Something Fishy

I've been hesitating to write about this because I think it'll make me sound like a loon, but I've decided the hell with it.

Everybody in accounting got betta fish last week. Mine is named Hamilton and he's very pretty, all sorts of colors from red to purple to blue to green. Anyway, Hamilton sits on a table in front of my desk where I can see him and he can see me.

We haven't been too busy lately, being 6 weeks out from shooting, so I've been spending a lot of time playing Freecell and Bejeweled and other video games. They can get kind of mesmerizing. Well, a couple of times while I've been playing and been zoned out, I've had the sensation that I was underwater. I could feel the pressure of the water and everything looked slightly wavy, but I could breathe just fine. It was weird, but I felt as if I had connected on some level to Hamilton and was experiencing the world the way he experiences it.

I know it sounds crazy, but it's what I felt and I can't dismiss it.

No comments: