Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Say Hello To Hamilton

Yesterday, my boss and I went to the pet store and bought bettas. I'd been thinking about getting one for the office for a while and when I got here, Kirby had one. Although by the time I saw it on my first day, it was floating tail up. I had to ask if it was a real fish, just to make sure it had died... it had. The thing didn't even last a week. Anyway, he wanted another one and Donna and I decided we wanted one, too. So off we went. We picked out a dark red one for Kirby to replace the dead one (kind of like Arnold and Abraham), Donna got one that's kind of an orange-red, and mine is mostly blue with red and purple in the fins. He's also got a touch of green in the right light - almost iridescent. We also picked up these really cute betta tanks and some fake plants. Kirby's is named Juan Dos (the dead one was Juan), Donna calls her Karby, which is what her 2 year old son calls Kirby, and mine is Hamilton. I have no idea where the name came from, it just popped into my head. I couldn't think of any reason not to name him Hamilton, so there he is. I hope he lasts longer than a week.

Sofie ate through another harness last night. She's a menace, but so cute. I showed her picture to one of the APOC's here and she wants me to smuggle her onto the lot. Maybe, but's it kind of a hassle.

No comments: