Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dirty Secret

You'd be surprised at how many actors in Hollywood have herpes. I'm not talking about the sexually-transmitted kind. I'm talking about the cold-sore kind. Nobody in the real world ever seems to think about the consequence of all those kissing scenes, but that virus spreads.

How do I know this? I work in the accounting office and I've seen the bills come through for the medication. Yes, the actors submit their prescription receipts to be reimbursed when they're on a show. And yes, they get paid. Because if someone has a breakout, you either spend a lot of time trying to hide it or you lose shooting days. Both of those cost money. It's easier to pay for the meds and hope for the best.

Think about that the next time the people on screen are making out. They really are kissing everybody that other person has ever kissed, be it for work or for pleasure.

No comments: