Monday, August 29, 2005

Confetti Angel Food Cake

My oldest brother sent me 2 boxes of Betty Crocker's confetti angel food cake. I was so excited. This is something that we had when I was a little girl and I haven't seen one in a long time - they only seem to sell them in the northeast. It's really not anything special, but it means a lot. I used to help my mom make them, stirring the little confetti pieces into the batter. And she always turn the bundt pan upside down onto a Sprite bottle. I wish I had a bundt pan like hers. It had flat sides and a flat top. Mine's more typical with its curves.

I used one box yesterday and shared a piece with the husband. He thought it was okay, but seemed to understand it transcended mere taste. I'm not sure when I'm going to make the other one. It depends on how many more boxes my brother's going to send me!

No comments: