Friday, May 18, 2007

Sly Little Dog

Sofie's bed is usually on the floor in the study next to the husband's desk - when he's working she would lay down and watch or nap or chew on something, but she'd be right there with him. A couple of weekends ago, we took Sofie to the groomers and when she came back, we discovered someone had left a surprise in her bed. We think it's Quincy because he's the most mean-spirited of the 3.

Anyway, I washed the cover then realized I'd have to wash the foam bed itself, as it stank. When I finally got it put back together and back in the study, Darby decided she wanted it. She'd climb in and growl and swat at Sofie whenever Sofie tried to climb in with her. Sofie would have been happy to share, but Darby was having none of it.

The husband called me today to tell me what Sofie was doing. She'd get in front of Darb and drop her front end down, then turn around putting her butt in the cat's face. It's her way of saying "play with me" and "sniff my butt, we'll be buds". She did this until Darby got annoyed and got up to confront her. Then Sofie scooted around and jumped into the bed! And now she won't share. Serves Darby right.

Either way, I've ordered another bed (the same kind) for the cats to share in the study. I'm pretty sure Darby will be the only one to use it, but that's ok. I'm just hoping it's too small for Sofie to want...

No comments: