Monday, July 03, 2006

Days Like Today...

make me hate my job. Actually, I still like my job but I hate not being able to do it well. I struggled with the friggin' payroll for over 22 hours and I'm still not done, but the stuff that's left is late or problem stuff and I'm not as worried about it.

Basically, it took me forever to do my job and it bothers me. I mentioned the difficulty I had to the accountant and he acknowledged that coming into a show midstream is much harder than one would think, as there's so much that's just stuck in your head from doing it week after week that a newby has to look up. I'm glad he's aware of it and not just thinking I'm a slacker or something.

Anyway, I'm about to head out. I'll probably come in tomorrow and finish up the animal wranglers, but there's not that many and I can clean that up in about an hour. I have to go be nice to the husband for taking care of me yesterday. I know I was a bitch to him, but he stuck by me and helped me more than he'll know. It may have seemed like nothing, but it meant a lot to me.

No comments: