Sunday, July 23, 2006

Comic-Con

The husband and I went to Comic-Con again this year. He took the train down Wednesday afternoon and got checked into the hotel and got the badges. I came down after work and got in around 9:30. I was surprised at the number of people still leaving the convention center after preview night. We drove over to Coronado to find a grocery store, figuring correctly it wouldn't be as crazy as the one downtown.

On Thursday, we picked up raffle tix for the Solomon Grundy action figure give-away. The Professor wanted one and it didn't take much effort. Turns out the husband and I both got one. We're going to sell ours on ebay. Spent the day wandering around buying books and looking at all the stuff. I bought myself a pair of contact lenses that are SUPER GREEN! They had others that were white, some totally black, some that looked like cats' eyes... I couldn't choose so I went with the GREEN ones. I may order some more online now I know I can wear them. http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/cosmeticlens.asp
Saw some interesting costumes, but nothing spectacular. Did see one woman in a revealing outfit whose very long hair was the only thing covering her ass. And it wasn't an ass you'd want uncovered. Wow.

On Friday we hit a couple of panels and wandered around the floor some more, but it was uncomfortably crowded and warm. After some discussion, we decided it wasn't worth the hassle to stay until Sunday and decided to leave early. We didn't even buy tix for next year - we'll have to make other vacation plans or hit a different con.

After a last bit of shopping on Saturday morning, which wasn't too bad crowd-wise, we went home. I think it would have been pretty bad later, once the late-risers had made their way in and the Saturday attendees had all been processed. As it was, we had a nice drive home and went to pick up the dog. Silly how much we missed her.

Over 100 degrees at home and felt like an oven. Better than San Diego though, which was maybe high 80's - low 90's but felt like a sauna. Instant sweat.

No comments: