Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sick Sofie

Sofie has a developing case of bronchitis. She spent most of last night and this morning with a dry hacking cough (like clearing her throat). She didn't seem sick or anything, just had the cough. It was bad enough the husband took her downstairs so I could get some sleep.

Anyway, he took her to the vet and they gave us the news. I thought it was going to be kennel cough but not the case. So she's totally infectious and can't go to the dogpark for at least a week. She's going to hate this weekend. Of course, she probably got it from the dogpark to begin with...
we were just there last night but she wasn't really coughing until later.

And we find out she now weighs 28 lbs! When did she get so big? Last time she was just 23 lbs. She barely eats her dog food, so I don't get it unless it delayed growth. I mean, she is part beagle and I think they weigh more than she does. Have to keep an eye on her so we don't end up with sausage-dog.

No comments: