Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fun Kid Story

Erdedo writes:

So I picked up A from kindergarten today, and she told me she got in trouble at school and "had to move her card to white." (Green is all good, white is a warning, yellow you miss 5 minutes of recess, red is parent called). I asked her what had happened, and she said she was trying to talk to a boy in her class (Sam), and he was ignoring her. Finally, she became fed up with this, and told Sam that he was an "evil little boy!" So, while I tried desperately not to laugh, I explained that it wasn't a nice thing to say (she said her teacher had said the same thing 25 times). I asked if she apologized, and she said, "I already did TWICE!" The thing is, I can hear her saying this to him. I have no doubt that she did this. And while I am not condoning my child's behavior, I have to wonder if she get points for creativity (not that I would tell her that). So tonight at bedtime she kissed me goodnight and said that said that she was going to apologize again to Sam. She said she wasn't trying to hurt his feelings, but he wasn't being very friendly. I said I understood, but that name calling wasn't really appropriate. She said she knew, and she would try to stop. Especially since her Daddy said that if she didn't she couldn't go to a birthday party next week. At least we will work for an incentive...

Now that I have made it past that, I just need to address my third grade daughter who announced at dinner tonight that she was feeling "virile." When S asked her to repeat it, and if she knew what it meant, she responded she thought it meant she had "lots of energy." Now that she realizes it doesn't, she is hounding me to discuss what it does mean. (Apparently when she came home and looked it up the Websters Online it didn't clarifly enough for her). Maybe I'll let my husband have this discussion.

I just know if it had be me, I'd have been rolling on the floor laughing.

No comments: