Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hiking

I went hiking on Saturday, just up a little trail in the Hollywood hills. I met up with C and her dog Foxy and DS. We had a pretty good time, although I was worried I'd have trouble with my blood pressure. It ended up not bothering me at all. I'm really hoping I can get back to my boot camp this week. I really miss it.

Anyway, C showed us where George Clooney lives - or at least a house he owns because I think he spends most of his time in Italy and who wouldn't. Nice place for what you can see of it. She said she passed Brad Pitt going in once as she finished a hike and was walking by (she said he was in his car with a look that said "please don't freak out on me" and she was trying to not freak out on him - she saved it until she got around the corner). With possibilities like that, I may hike more often.

Then she told us just about the best star-sighting story I've ever heard. A friend of hers is/was a huge Paul Newman fan. About 10 or 15 years ago, she's in line at Baskin Robbins and realizes PN is behind her. She's tries not to lose it and debates talking to him or letting him get ice cream in peace. She finally decides she's going to play it cool, orders her cone, pays, gets her change, and leaves. When she gets outside she realizes she doesn't have her cone. Now what? Go back in and look foolish in front of PN? Pay for something and not get it? She really wanted the ice cream so she goes back and and interrupts PN as he's ordering, apologizing and excusing herself. She tells the guy behind the counter that she paid for her cone but he didn't give it to her. At this point, PN taps her on the shoulder and says, "Honey, it's in your purse."

Yes, she'd put the cone in her purse with her change and walked out - all because she was discombobulated over PN in line behind her. I wonder if he's ever seen that happen before?

No comments: