Thursday, September 13, 2007

Late At Work

I'm stuck waiting for someone to call me back so I can give them the info they need. I hate stuff like this but since I came in late I really can't complain.

It's been an interesting day. The Unit Production Manager came into my office and spelled out how he wanted payroll submitted. That's fine, I am more than willing to work with the boss's preferences. I just felt bad because I already knew what he wanted and just didn't do it. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to sink in...

Then he told me he had questions about his per diem and would I walk him through his check stub. Of course! I made it to his office a couple hours later - after picking through his file and trying to figure out what he could possibly ask. Turns out his taxable and allowable proportions were completely off and he's been over-taxed for the past 22 weeks. So I worked up an adjustment and in the process, figured out who had done it the wrong way in the first place. Turns out it's the mouse's most prominent payroll accountant, their go-to-girl. She's done their biggest shows and has been in the business for years. I just don't understand how she could make such a silly mistake.

Damn, the guy called and I have to run some reports before I can go. If I were using EP's system I could do it blindfolded but I'm a babe in the woods when it comes to this other system. Better get to it.

No comments: