Saturday, September 17, 2005

Updates



This is Quincy, cat #2. My big task for this weekend is to get my photos off the laptop and into the desk top, and then into some format to share with everybody. I worked on this last weekend, but something glitched and all of the separate files ended up in one big file. Too much work involved in sorting them out, so I'm just going to burn each file by itself and transfer them one at a time. I do have some transferred, which is where Quincy comes in. Isn't he handsome? He has the longest whiskers I've ever seen.

The show is still going to Hawaii, but the schedule keeps changing. Looks like we'll have 8 days of shooting there instead of just 5 and there will be weekend work. Blech. At least we don't have to change the husband's ticket anymore. We're still leaving on the 29th and I know we'll have 2 days to play, but I'm hoping for 3. We'll see what happens.

I took Sofie to the groomers today. She jumped up onto my lap last night and I realized she stank. The husband, not known for his sense of smell, also told her she stank. So after an hour at the dog park running around in the mud and getting slobbered on by other dogs, off she went. I almost had them paint her nails, but I've been told that's not acceptable. She looks and smells much better, but we still have to file her nails - they're a bit ragged and scratchy.

I had to talk to the star's agent's assistant yesterday - Jordan. He seemed like a nice enough guy but I get annoyed with these assistants who take their jobs way too seriously. He wanted to "start a dialogue" about the client's payment. Whatever. It's not like I'm going to treat him differently now. The guy will get paid like everybody else - after he turns in all of his paperwork and signs his contract. Now, if he sent gifts, I may be persuaded...

The husband picked out a couple of good books for me today. I usually let him pick them out, since I'm so easily led astray but cover art. So far, there's only been one book that I can remember not liking enough to not finish. With a track record like that, I let him continue. We got one about Jim Henson and another about Vlad the Impaler and the Dracula legend (yes, it's fiction). I'm not sure which I'm going to read first.

No comments: