Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Daily Show

I keep meaning to watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, but it's on at the same time as Law & Order: SVU - to which I am sadly addicted. Well, that's going to change. My boss saw last night's show and another blog I read linked to it - both raved about it. I watched a couple of clips and they were totally right. There's no way I can miss out on the opportunity to keep informed of the day's events in such a hilarious way.

It helps that I can't stand W. I think he's like anyone else who's gotten promoted above their capabilities. You know how that goes... someone is really kick ass at their job and the honchos promote them. But they can't do better than they were doing and they fall flat on their faces. W at least has powerful friends to keep him from falling too far. Too bad for us. I can only hope the Democrats can find someone people are willing to get behind to beat whoever the Republicans throw out there. As much as I'd love to see a woman President, I don't think Hilary is a good choice. Too divisive.

I made Nancy a Loaded Goat Blueberry Cheesecake for her birthday. Once again my baking skills have proved exemplary. Yes, it really is called Loaded Goat. The recipe if out of the Aunt Bea cookbook of Andy griffith fame. The name refers to a goat in an episode that ate some dynamite. I have no idea what happened to the goat in the episode, but the cheesecake is damn fine. We decided not to share it with the rest of the office, but most of us are taking a piece home for our significant others. I even brought Lock n Lock for the husband's piece.

The Governator has a bill before him that would legalize same-sex marriage in California. I hope he signs it. There are couples out there who have been together for decades who aren't allowed in an emergency room with an injured partner because they're not a member of the family. How stupid is that? You'd think with all the tragedy in the world, with Iraq and Rwanda and New Orleans, that if 2 people can come together and be happy, it could only be a good thing. Sign it, Arnold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Japanese Marketer Invests In Search Engine Feedster
Japanese Marketing company Mitsui & Co. Ltd. on Wednesday said it had made an investment in Feedster Inc., an online search service for information contained in blogs.
dior purse Terrific Gifts for Spring and Summer. Many Styles! Shop from our VAST COLLECTION of Handbags today! dior purse