Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Do Push!

Ignore what I said before. We are going to push. Not that it's that big a deal, more just a hassle to reschedule everything. And the change fee for the ticket.

But now we're going to be there for our 7th anniversary. And the hotel is the Marriott Waikiki Beach. Very nice, but I'd bet my paycheck that we'll be in the "city view" rooms (which still run $209 per night!). I think I'll book myself a spa treat since I'm not paying for the room.

I forgot to mention why we are pushing for a week... the actors finally got to town and did a read-thru (which is where everybody sits around a big table and literally reads through the script - I've never been to one but they always get the good craft service). Anyway, all 3 of the "stars" wanted to put their 2 cents in. Two of them are going to be "handled", but the third is also a producer so they've got to take his "questions" a little more seriously. I'm not really surprised by this, considering the version of the script I read. I just don't understand how a studio greenlights a project when the script isn't ready - this little push is going to cost us around a quarter of a million dollars.

Definition: craft service started out as a job title for the person/crew who provided cold drinks and minor snacks and picked up the trash. It's evolved to mean pretty much any food on a set that isn't provided by the caterers.

No comments: