Thursday, September 22, 2005

No Bombs Here

There's no way a terrorist is going to get a bomb onto the Universal Lot unless they can hack into the parking pass computer. Those guards at the gates are strict. Even a misspelled name can keep you out.

The 1st assistant accoutant on this show is a guy, which isn't all that weird but he is younger than me. That is something to get used to...Anyway, his girlfriend is supposed to go to Hawaii with him this weekend for the start of his work over there. Well, her parents live in Houston and are having to evacuate because of Rita. She called him yesterday, crying, and was telling him all about it and how maybe she should fly down there instead of to Hawaii. Like a guy, he started in on 'what was she going to do down there?' and 'they'd just have one more person to worry about', etc. totally ignoring the fact she's CRYING and upset and just wants him to say it'll be ok. Boys.

I drove into work the other day behind a car that was crooked. I'm not sure how it could happen, but the rear end was a good 6 inches to the right of the front end. I could see the whole side of the car while I was directly behind it. What kind of bump or hole do you have to hit to make that happen? It was a total crap car but still, it's a good ton of metal that's driving down the street sideways.

Nancy got a slice of chocolate cream pie today from Marie Callender's. Not one of my favorite restaurants, btw - seems like an old person's place. She didn't think it tasted quite right, so she asked be to try it. The chocolate cream part was ok, not great, but the crust tasted like Crisco shortening. It was like eating crispy shortening. Blech. I thought she was going to heave when I told her that - it kind of made me queasy to think about it too. Anyway, she tossed the rest of the pie. I think 4 n 20 is the best for pies, hands down.

No comments: