Thursday, January 24, 2008

Boston

The acct from my Boston show called me this morning. Apparently they're trying to cut $5 million out of the budget and there's a chance it will shut down. She wanted to let me know it would be ok if I started looking around - she wouldn't be offended.

Until we know for sure I'm going to start over there 2 or 3 days a week. The UPM said he doesn't want to lose me and she agrees. I'm probably not going to start looking until next week or after. If I put my name out I'll get calls and I'm not ready to abandon Boston yet. She thinks they'll know something by the end of next week.

They had a huge meeting yesterday and the dumas director actually asked the question "do we need to have more than 3 people in the accounting office?" Well, only if you want your crew and vendors paid correctly and on time... Like cutting down on the accounting staff will save your movie. If you want it saved don't pay the star $20 million or cut back on your own salary. Or maybe don't pay the DP $20K per week.

I told my assistant about it and she's decided to go ahead and look for other work just in case. I completely understand but it's too bad. I think we would have worked well together. Hopefully it'll all still work out.

No comments: