Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Busted

I got myself all worked up over the possible phone confrontation with a driver. We had this guy call and say he'd been shorted 5 hours - a claim I take seriously because I don't make too many mistakes. Usually it's because they didn't write their times down correctly on their timecard (yeah, sounds easy enough). Anyway, we pulled the file and took a look at the carbon but it was illegible. Turns out the guy had had 2 timecards stacked together and the info from the 1st one ended up on the 2nd one as well. I couldn't read jack and what I could read made it look like I didn't know what I was doing!

I got the payroll company to fax over a copy of the original (after finding out the Transpo Coord didn't have one). I was totally vindicated - the non-carbon white was clean and unchanged and paid correctly. I showed everything to the TC and he said the guy had wanted to be paid for an extra day to change the oil on the vehicle but was denied. Turns out the vehicle and the guy both came from the same place - the place that changes the oil...

Anyway, I got all psyched to call and tell the guy he wasn't getting any extra hours but he didn't answer. I had to leave a message. I figure he'll call tomorrow and try to bully us even though I told him he needed to call the TC.

It wouldn't have been so bad except when my asst asked him what hours he had worked each day he kept changing them to make them longer - in the end he was 6 hours short. Dumas.

No comments: