Monday, July 16, 2007

Messages

When I came in to work yesterday, there were 4 messages on my desk. I knew about one of them from Friday but the other 3 were new. My favorite was from the stills photographer. He had called Friday morning to ask about changing his dependents on his W4 (they were taking too much in taxes) but if it was going to be a lot of paperwork then he wasn't going to bother. Since I was there, I sent him a note and a new W4 so he could take care of it. Well, he had decided not to make the change and he called back wanting to know what to do with the form I had sent. Um, throw it away?

The other notes were about how the holiday got paid and another W4 change. I've called everyone back and dealt with all but one. We'll see how that goes because this particular crew member is not the brightest bulb.

One nice thing about working on Sunday is no one calls in and no one expects you to call them back. It's a slow, quiet day when you can get a lot done.

No comments: