Thursday, July 12, 2007

Costume Drama

On Sunday, I got 2 box rental invoices from one of our costumers. One was for the current week and one was dated from back in May. I looked up her account and noted the May invoice had already been paid, so I marked it as such and handed it over to the 2nd who pays the invoices. He put a note on it to ask her why she had submitted it (in case she had lost the check or something and didn't think it had been paid) and sent it back to her.

She called me on Tuesday to ask about it and I told her she had sent 2 invoices. She started talking about working late on Friday into Saturday morning and not remembering doing that. That was pretty much it.

This morning, she called again to make sure I had an invoice for the current week because she didn't remember making 2 copies Saturday morning after working all night Friday... I told her I did get 2 copies, that one was for the current week and the other was from May and then I told her if she hadn't submitted an invoice for the current week, we would have told her. She said she knew that, then started talking about the invoice we sent back to her and how it had a big "paid" stamped on it and how the note attached was offensive. I cut her off and told her the 2nd sent the note and would she like to talk to him? Not waiting for an answer I put her on hold and went and got him.

He got on the phone and she just started rambling about the box rental and some store credit and getting questioned about stuff and how she's not a thief and she thinks we treat her like a thief and on and on. He stood there, barely saying anything, occasionally holding the phone away from his ear, waiting for her to stop talking. Finally she ran out of steam and he hung up. Wow.

So now we have to take all of our costume questions to the acct who will take them to the production superviser who will take them to costumes. We're not allowed to deal with them directly about anything that may be considered accusing or confrontational.

But really, if someone says "I'm not a thief" doesn't that make you suspicious? Nixon anyone?

No comments: