Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Have A Question About The Holiday...

Just got back from set where I made a lot of people very happy and confused some who didn't understand how the holiday got paid. We worked overnight into the 4th of July and I had to pay double time for every hour that was past midnight. Sounds simple. Now, I've been doing this job for almost 10 years and this may be the 2nd or 3rd time I've had to do this. It's not hard, just different. And considering most of the crew doesn't understand how to pay a regular week, there's no way I'm going to be able to explain this holiday pay.

So I just start talking and use contract language and basically make them think I must know what I'm doing because I sound like I know what I'm doing. It's not that I'm trying to sucker them. I just know they're not going to be able to wrap their heads around it without visual aids and 10 or 15 minutes. I don't have that kind of time or energy...

No comments: