Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Waste Of Time

I hate it when I spend the time to do something per someone's request, only to have it be for nothing. It's so frustrating. I always send my timecards to the payroll company in alpha order. My boss asked me to put the timecards back into code order so she could input them into her report. It's not that big a deal, just time-consuming. I had them split and sorted and back on her desk last night. She did nothing with them all day today, saying by the time she could get to them she just couldn't deal with it all. So she gave them back to me and I have to spend more time putting them into alpha order so I can check my edits. It's true that I would've had to go through the process whether she looked at them or not, but she didn't do her part. That's what rubs me the wrong way.

Whatever.

I sometimes use a bean-filled bag as a bed-warmer and the other day I left it under the covers. Destructo ate through the sheet to get to it, filling the bedding with beans. And she's eating the new couch. At least this one has a slipcover that hides the damage.

We clipped her nails last night and at some point in time, she's become afraid of the procedure. The husband had to wrap her in a blanket and hold her down while I did the trimming. She cried and whimpered and struggled so much she wore herself out and started panting. And Baxter, Mr. Empathy, had to join in the cries. He's such a softy - he can't stand to see one of his sibs in distress.

No comments: