Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Problem Areas

When I work on Sunday to break time cards, I'm usually here alone. Therefore, I get to snoop into stuff that I normally don't get to see. This past Sunday was a good example. The paperwork comes in from set in a black pouch (referred to as "the football") and various manila envelopes. In order to do my job, I have to pick thru the football and the envelopes and find all of the time cards and the production report. Sunday there was an envelope that was not addressed to me, but since no one else was there, I opened it.

Now, all of the A list actors that I've paid have a clause in their contract that allows them to reject a certain percentage of the still photos that get taken of them on set. I had one of those approval books in my hands... Needless to say, I rifled thru it, looking to see what shots someone considered a beauty would find objectionable. Like anybody, this person had their fair share of being caught looking odd in a candid moment but what really got my attention was the note scribbled on several photos. "Retouch chin" with an arrow pointing to the offending area was on more than I would have expected. Apparently, someone is developing a slight sag in the chin, probably something you or I would never have noticed without it being pointed out. But it was there and it wasn't to be seen by the real world.

So if anybody tells you the photos aren't retouched or that these people look that way naturally, they are lying through their ignorant teeth.

No comments: