Sunday, November 27, 2005

Back To Work

This is the part about my job that I really don't like. When everyone else had a 3 day week because of Thanksgiving, I had a 4 day week. And now everyone else gets a 4 day weekend and I'm back at work after a 3 day weekend... happens the same way at Christmas, too. Payroll always gets screwed when it comes to the holidays.

Not to mention the fact that I tried to have a nice cup of oatmeal for breakfast and managed to get the super hot stuff to go down the wrong way. So I'm coughing and coughing and I feel like my lungs are scorched.

Hamilton's still alive, but I keep forgetting to bring in my camera to take his picture.

Thanksgiving was fine, nothing special. The husband and I had the burritos and the pumpkin pie. Sadly, I realized Thursday morning that I didn't have any refried beans and we had to walk down to Jon's to get some. I hate going to a store on a holiday. I worked retail and I hated having to work those days, dealing with the idiots who would say how sad it was we had to work on a holiday. Got in trouble once for mentioning that if they hadn't come in to the store, then management wouldn't make us open. So I'm a hypocrite. But I needed the beans and in a city the size of LA, me not shopping isn't going to make a difference. The place was packed. So I got some Cool Whip, too.

Called home and found out that my great aunt Mary had died in October. She was 104 and was a twin. I don't remember when her sister Margaret died. They always told the story of how their own father couldn't tell them apart and used to call them Mary-Margaret. Didn't matter which one he was speaking to, he just said Mary-Margaret. Funny, but kind of sad, too. They were a great couple of ladies.

I'd better get to it - got a big stack waiting for me on my desk and I haven't even touched the football yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt...I remember them both from when I went with your family up to Fort Wayne that one summer. They were so funny and sweet.

Thank you for your nice email, too. I'm still really sick and not getting better and have been really out of touch.

*hugs*
Sped.