Sunday, April 03, 2011

Walking

Just got back from a walk down to the French Quarter. The husband was upset with me because I didn't leave the condo yesterday after my acupuncture, Walmart run, and stop at the post office. It's the first full weekend he's been gone and it got to me... so I took a nap. Then I couldn't fall asleep last night. That will teach me.

But I walked. I went down to the aquarium and over to the park along the river. I walked to the end of the path, then cut through the French Market and circled the park in Jackson Square (in front of the cathedral). Then I came home. It was nice enough, not too hot and humid, but the city smells. The few businesses that had sprayed down their sidewalk didn't help enough. I can't imagine living down there and having that smell permeate everything.

SC and I are going to see a movie today and we'll probably have dinner as well. Last week we saw Rango and had sushi. I really wanted to like Rango but it just didn't work. At least the sushi was delicious. Today we're supposed to see Paul. We'll see if it's better than Rango.

No comments: