Thursday, December 08, 2005

Liar

If anybody read about my encounter with the Dumas who wanted to take his check on the plane home with him from Hawaii, I have an update. The guy still annoys me, even though he hadn't really done anything since then. Until today...

I went to set early today, since they are breaking for an hour and don't have catering. Everybody tends to bolt as soon as they call lunch and it's hard to find people. So when they finally finish, I ask Josh the PA to annouce that I'm there with paychecks and that I'm over by craft service (which means "free food"). He does and even dials thru all the radio channels to catch everybody.

So I stand at crafty for about 10 minutes, paying whoever shows up. M Douglas walked past and looked more normal today than the last time - no teeth sucking. He is pretty short, though. I'm 5'5" and he's not much taller than me if at all. But I digress.

After running out of people, but not checks, I make my way to the other side of the stage and find a few more crew. Josh the On Set Dresser is playing a video game on Dumas' computer and I chatted with him for a few minutes. That was about it - everybody else was gone and I went back to the office.

Then I get the phone call. Dumas calls and asks where his check is, stating he sat at his cart the entire lunch hour. I told him that wasn't true because I found Josh at the cart playing a computer game and Dumas wasn't there. His response was to say he just wanted to make sure he got his check and I cut him off saying that I wasn't going to mail his check, that would be stupid since I knew he was on set. Told him it would be coming down to set in a package. Then I took several hours to send it. Petty, but he brought it on himself. At least I didn't bogey it this time.

No comments: