Monday, December 26, 2005

Back to Work

We're on hiatus this week, but I still have to work to make sure everyone gets paid for last week. Sometimes it really sucks to do payroll. Everybody else has the week off and can travel or just relax. I have to schlepp into the office all week. I'm particularly bummed because all of my family made it to my folks house for Christmas and I miss seeing them.

I did find a nice surprise on my desk when I came in - one of the producers got everybody a gift card to Virgin Megastore for Christmas. I'm not sure if it's the entire crew or just the production office, but it's pretty cool of him either way. Too bad the nearest store's been shut down ever since the roof collapsed during a rain storm. I'll have to go over the hill to redeem this and the parking there sucks.

I had some bad tuna or something on Friday and spent all of Saturday either in bed or on the couch, when I wasn't trying to get whatever it was out of my system. Not a great way to spend Christmas Eve - the husband took good care of me though.

We watched the Doctor Who Christmas Invasion last night. It took a while to download it off the internet, but the husband was determined to get it as soon as it showed up online. I thought it was pretty good, but I don't usually like scenes where people play at being in terrible pain - looks so fake to me. But I think David Tennant is going to turn out to be another good doctor. I just wish Rose would dump Mickey or vice versa - someone needs to buy a clue there. It's too bad Captain Jack won't be in the second season - yummy!

I really should get back to work. I'm really close to being done and I just want to get out of here asap. I figure I'll have to come in all 5 days this week, but I'm going to try and be Johnny-half-day as much as possible.

I gave my blog address to a woman I work with. She said she enjoyed it, which is good. Now I have to decide if I'm going to censor myself or not. I don't want to, but she shares an awfully big office... we'll see what happens. I do have to tell a story about her; she works as a Producer's assistant (not the same one with the gift cards) and is often around the set and the stars. One day, Dillon asked her what she did, then asked her where she lived (since he's from NY, I guess it's an issue for him). She answered that she lives in Hollywood, then excused herself. She said it was flattering, but what a cheesy line! Anyway, she drew his name for Secret Santa and gave him an autographed headshot of herself. BRILLIANT! It's so typical for actors to give crews autographed photos as gifts, so combined with his lame attempt to pick her up, this was the perfect turnaround. You Go T!

No comments: