Sunday, December 04, 2005

I Passed!

I had my motorcycle course this weekend and even though I totally choked on the riding portion of the exam, I passed! Now I don't have to take the driving test at the DMV - I can just go and get my license.

This means that I'll be able to drive my Vespa to work again. A learner's permit doesn't let me ride in the dark, on the freeway, or with passengers. I don't think I'll ever risk my life on a California freeway nor am I likely to have a passenger, but since it gets dark here about 4:30 in the winter, I couldn't even take surface streets to work (I didn't think the boss would appreciate me running my scooter home at 4:00 everyday).

If I could train Sofie to sit on the seat behind me, I would so gear her up with a helmet, some doggles, and a leather jacket...

No comments: