Wednesday, February 23, 2005

So This Is Where I'll Be For The Next 8 Weeks

Went by my new office today to drop off my boxes and fill out the parking paperwork. I'm going to be working on the Warner Ranch. Sounds all "wide open spaces," but it's way not. I guess at some point in time it could have been considered a ranch, but now it's in the middle of the San Fernando Valley. But it's new to me so I'm looking forward to taking a tour...

It was really hot in the office and it doesn't help that I share it with 2 other people. Maybe today was an exception. I'm hoping. I hate sitting at work in a pool of sweat. I can't just waltz in and take over the thermostat, though. How rude would that be? I do hope they get me a bookcase or something. I've got to have my binders and books handy. The other women didn't seem to have too much stuff, and I don't think any toys. Not my type of office, but I can do without for 2 months. It's a good thing I didn't take anything in with me today. I figured it would be better to scope it out and I'm glad I left that box at home. At least I'll have internet access!

I'm really hoping this job stays as easy as it seems. The money's not the best and I don't want to put out too much effort for what I'm going to be making. Usually, jobs that people claim are a piece of cake turn into a big nasty mess. Fingers crossed!

No comments: