Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Drive-Thru Ordering

I worked in a couple of fast food restaurants when I was younger, so I think I have every right to blog about this issue. I know that most people ordering food are idiots who have to be guided thru the process. You have to ask what size, what kind of drink, how many, etc. But I'm starting to think that part of the problem lies in the people taking the order. They just don't seem to listen. Now, I try to order my stuff as succinctly as possible. I'll say "a number 7 combo, mayo only, biggie size with a sprite." If I manage to get thru all of that without getting interrupted, the first question is "do you want that biggie sized?" Then they ask what kind of drink I want. Usually, though, I'm interrupted about 3 words in with either question. More than once I've actually told the person if they'd let me finish ordering and listen, they'd know what I want. I'm trying to do my part - why can't they do theirs?

Another favorite is the guy at McD's who, although I was still more than a foot from pulling up to the window, still wanted my money. I looked at him and asked if it could wait until I at least made it to the window. When I got there, he managed to ignore me, taking an order or something for a good 30 seconds. I drove away without my food. I don't need that. Just plain rude.

Anyway, a change in breakfast today. I had black beans with my egg. I actually did go to the gym for my cardio. I've got to fit into that dress, so I'm back at it. I even did up a graph to chart my progress and hung it in the bathroom. Plus, I've listed my first goal and reward. I choose not to reveal the weight, but the reward will be a new tattoo. I've been wanting another one and this will be a good reason. I haven't figured out what my reward will be if I make it to my second goal, as I'm not sure it's going to happen. One step at a time...

No comments: