Friday, February 18, 2005

My Blog Is Boring

I can't wait to go back to work. I've been reading other blogs and (insert title here). Being stuck at home all day with 3 cats just isn't all that.

Except for the drama of the email from the producer's assistant, who I will refer to as "GB" - Glorified Babysitter (she doesn't babysit the producer, she babysits his kids, but he likes her and gave her a job).

Anyway, GB and I have known each other for a couple of years. Thinking we were friends, I wrote an email to her commenting on the husband's state of mind while waiting for the producer to get back to him about a project. She took it the wrong way and proceeded to lecture us on how busy the producer was and how he had other things to do besides help the husband. Bad move. I wrote another email straightening her out, telling her we weren't charity and if the producer wasn't really interested, he could just forget about it.

That produced a response that cursed email for its inability to convey emotions. I keep thinking, if you aren't sure what someone means, don't fire off an email that blasts them for something that isn't what they mean. ASK!

Got to go see Shrink now. More later...

No comments: