Sunday, December 09, 2007

Griffith

The husband suggested we go up to the observatory last night and it sounded like fun. We didn't realize the DWP Xmas light show was at the same freeway exit and it took us about 45 minutes to go about 5 miles. But once we got past that it was fine. The view of the city is amazing from up there - lights going on forever. And it seemed you could hear everything - dogs barking and distant traffic and everything.

The remodel is nice, but I'm glad they seemed to stay in the era in which the observatory was originally built. Nothing was jarring. We didn't stay to see the show - I want to do that sometime but it was cold and late.

On the way home, driving down Las Feliz, the husband saw 3 coyotes crossing a side street. I only saw one but I pointed out to him how fearless they are. It was only about 9pm and Las Feliz is a busy, well-lit street.

Speaking of coyotes, I saw one this morning but it already had something in its mouth so it wasn't all that interested in us. I don't know what it was and I don't really want to think about it. I just know the coyote ducked through the hedge into the yard across the street with it.

No comments: