Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lane Sharing

Lane sharing is not illegal in California and a lot of riders do it, but I haven't been able to bring myself to try. There are times when it seems ludicrous to sit in a line of traffic when I could scoot between and get to the front. It's not like I want to lane share on the freeway or while actually moving. I just want to pass the cars waiting for a light. Does anybody have an opinion on this? Does it bother you to have a cycle come up the middle while at a red light?

2 comments:

blusurfer said...

Honestly, lane-sharing bothered me when I first came to CA, but it doesn't anymore. If traffic is stopped or moving slowly, I say have at it.

However, it does bug me when cycles decide to pass me by this method when traffic is clipping along just fine, plus it seems like it would be a little dangerous.

No chance of getting a scooter here for awhile. DH is still out of work and we are getting the two disasters of bathrooms redone, as one of the bathtubs is now leaking into the living room. That'll use up the extra cash. Boo.

film-chick said...

That's very sad, but yippee for the new bathrooms! Maybe you can come visit and we'll get a helmet for you and go for a spin.

I don't go fast enough to pass most people if traffic is moving so that's not really an issue.