Friday, August 24, 2007

Heart Troubles

I haven't written for a couple of days because on the way home from the gym on Wednesday, I thought I was having a heart attack. I'd been having episodes during my boot camp where I had trouble catching my breath and it was a weird, fuzzy feeling. They'd been occurring more frequently and I figured I should go to the doctor after I had another one on Tuesday. Well, Wednesday's class was tough, but they always are. I couldn't catch my breath but didn't have the same fuzziness.

On the drive home, I realized I was dizzy, my heart was pounding, I had pain in my jaw and arm, and I was sweating. I made it home and got myself into the house - I was afraid I would pass out but didn't want to be found in the garage. Once I got inside I dropped my stuff and stumbled over to the couch and laid down. I yelled for the husband, that I needed him and he got up and came downstairs. He got a cold drink out of the fridge and put it along my neck to cool me down. We sat for a bit waiting to see what would happen and everything finally subsided. I went back to bed.

When I got up, we went into work for a bit so I could get paychecks done. Then we came home and I slept the rest of the day. I got a doctor's appointment for Thursday morning and although they did an EKG and referred me to a cardiologist, the doctor thinks I had an anxiety attack possibly related to the intruder. Maybe. I do feel better that the EKG came out ok, but I'll be convinced after the cardiologist. Anyway, I worked a half day yesterday then went home and went back to bed. I did manage to go to the planned dinner with the crew from KIA (which was a lot of fun). Now I just have to take it easy at the gym and not let myself get too out of breath.

1 comment:

blusurfer said...

Let me know after your Doc appointment how you're doing, since I'm all worried and everything.

I have the same thing going on, but that's due to Cymbalta withdrawal. Boo.