Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bored Again

There is nothing interesting going on at work right now. For about 20 minutes I had overpaid the casting director by a day, but it turned out they wanted to all along. I'm so bored. I keep hoping someone will spill some gossip, but there's nothing.

I keep seeing coyotes around the neighborhood and they freak me out. The last one wasn't 20 feet away and wasn't at all fazed by my flashlight. I just know I'm going to end up fighting one for Sofie one morning. I hope the bunnies they put in Griffith Park get to humping so the coyotes have something else to eat.

The producers finally kicked in for a wrap gift. We got zip-up hoodies with the logo on the front and "made in the 'nut" on the back (we shot for 5 weeks out in Walnut). They're nice, brown with gold stitching. Panavision sent hats, too. I think we only got one of them because the camera department was gone and they didn't suck them all up.

I do need to get the timecards set up for W Smith and J Lassiter. They're the last of the producers (that I know of) to get paid. Apparently they've done the paperwork - it just got sent over to the wrong production office. Gotta love 'em.

I did get 2 annoying crew phone calls. One was on Friday from a Teamster who was looking for his check. First of all, he called on my personal cell phone. When I answered and found out it was crew, I told him to call me back on my office line because I don't get paid for my cell phone. I could tell he was about to say that he didn't either, then realized it wasn't the same thing. So he called back and I told him his check was mailed. Then he asked about his check for that week. I told him it would be out this Thursday (we always pay 1 week in arrears). Well, that wasn't good enough. He got snotty and said he'd been laid-off and shouldn't he get it in 24 hours? There used to be a rule that if crew got laid-off you had to pay them w/in 24 hours, but it got to be too much at the end of a show. Now you have to request a lay-off check - it's not automatic. I told him as much and he requests one and asks if it'll be done "tomorrow." I say no because that's Saturday but it'll be ready Monday. Do you think he called or came by for that damn check? Do you think I've even cut it yet? It's ready to go and will have the correct date on it, but I'm not mailing it until Thursday.

The 2nd call was from a camera guy. He started giving me attitude about not getting his check yet. I told him I'd mailed it on Friday and didn't know how long it would take to get to him. He claimed in LA it only took a day and I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I replied "well, I don't run the post office." He didn't care for that and said he'd call around and see if anyone else had gotten their check and would let me know. Have I heard back from him? Of course not.

1 comment:

blusurfer said...

Why does the world have to be so full of annoying idiots?