Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Weekend

I'm not very good at posting, but I'm pretty good at writing to N. So I've started saving my emails and copying them into the blog - works for me...

T and I went to Bike Week out in Scottsdale on Saturday. She had a friend working at the Suzuki booth and he got us in free. It was pretty cool but kind of last minute. I had on sandals but I could've test driven a bike if I'd had on closed toe shoes. It was fun to people watch and to check out the bikes and gear. We also got fake tattoos - T got a spider crawling out of her cleavage and I got a Chinese Fu dog on my arm. They had a Vespa booth but they only had 2 Vespas showing (it was with the BMW's). They didn't have any gear or swag so that was disappointing. Then we went out with her friend to what seemed like a great bar with outdoor seating on the patio - white couches in groups. After an hour or so, the real crowds started showing up and it was an upper-end meat market. Not my kind of place but the food was good (appetizers/tapas).

The director's wife went home to Canada and he took the opportunity to go to Vegas for the weekend - they had to send a Teamster with him to make sure he made it back ok. He missed the first wrap party, which was as class-less as the kick-off party. They're having the "real" wrap party next Friday but a lot of people are trying to get out of town after wrapping Friday morning.

No comments: