Monday, March 12, 2007

SPED!!!

Sped,

I went to Cosanti on Saturday morning and bought myself a bronze Paolo Soleri bell. It's not the prettiest, but it has the most wonderful sound - like a big gong. I love it and can't wait to put it up on the patio.

And it wasn't Arcosanti, it was Cosanti in Paradise Valley (I didn't have time to go to Arcosanti, after all I worked 7 days last week and 6 days every other friggin' week).

Anyway, I really want to get you a bell for Christmas, but I'm afraid it's too personal with the sound each one makes. I'd hate to pick one out and have you hate it. There were some I thought were too high pitched and some that sounded very minor key.

The other option is the ceramics. They have all sorts of shapes and sizes of ceramics, from 3x3 to 12x12. They even have round and light switches. Most of them are in a nice shade of blue or tan.

So what do you think? Unless you can make it to Phoenix for a weekend, I'll be forced to choose for you - bell or tile? Of course, I could go back and call you from the shop and have you listen over the phone... wonder if anybody's done that before?

No comments: