Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Trip To Tn (Days 5 & 6)

Day 5 (Saturday 12/23):
We finally got a chance to sleep in. I don't think we got out of bed, except to walk the dog, until 10:30am. Heaven. Then we found out my brother K had been taken to the hospital - his "stomach virus" was a bit more serious than everybody else's. Not surprising, really. Ever since his motorcycle accident he's ended up in the hospital whenever he's gotten anything more than the sniffles. You know, I really can't remember what we did all day. I know we went to McKay's again, we went to Border's, and we went over to the house for dinner, but other than that there wasn't much going on. My brother T came in from Indiana but I didn't even see him until they all got back from church (no, I did not go to church).

Day 6 (Sunday 12/24):
The husband got sick overnight. He didn't leave the hotel room at all. Sofie and I went over to the house for the day so he could rest. My sister and I finally got the tree decorated - she had most of the house done, but hadn't gotten around to doing the tree (when we got home on Thursday, I went downstairs to see the tree and was disappointed, but I'm glad I got to be involved in the end). I decided Sofie needed another run and took her out to my parents' back yard. It's not fenced, but the neighbors have a fence and the yard backs up to woods. It's also on a cul-de-sac so I figured it was pretty contained. She really had a good time and didn't stray very far. If I ever felt she was going off on her own, I would just say "goodbye" and start walking away and she'd come running back. We stayed for dinner then went back to the hotel. The husband was still sick. It didn't take long for me to be sick, too. I'd had flashes on Saturday but when nothing really happened, I figured it was over. But I spent Christmas Eve in the hotel bathroom. It was not something I'd want to do again - it's bad enough to be sick but to have to hang out in some strange hotel bathroom - gross.

No comments: