Monday, October 02, 2006

What I Saw Before 9am

When I got to work today, I took the cart up to the Upper Flatlands so I could give L her pictures w/ Bart the bear. Not much going on up there yet, a bunch of extras dressed in camos and military gear and a crane setting up some blue screen.

On the way back down, I went by "Wisteria Lane". I don't usually go that route because you get stopped while they're shooting and today was no exception. I didn't see any of the actors, just a couple of extras and a short school bus.

While driving thru Old West Town though, I had to stop my cart and watch a deer trot by. A guy was standing there watching, too and when the deer had run off he turned and said "too cool". I was looking in his opposite direction and saw a baby deer come around the corner and trot after its mother. So cute. I watched it bound off into the trees and realized it looked more like it was hopping than running. Never noticed that before.

So it's been a good morning, even though I did get an email slideshow (http://www.saintmeinrad.edu/slideshows/slideshow.aspx?ss=extreme1) showing those bastards at ABC tearing down my grandparent's house. It didn't make me as sad this time. At least now the husband will get a chance to see what it looked like. And I'm glad I had the chance to have a beer at the Shady Inn. The place was a bar and it was so fascinating. You could hear the people and music late at night while trying to sleep - it was only one vacant lot away. My dad and I went to see my grandpa while I was in college and that was my one foray into that mystery from my youth. Oh well, change happens. The little market where my grandma sent us to buy candy has been gone for years now...

No comments: