Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Day

I'm sitting at my desk, stapling timecards to copies of paychecks (last week's stuff - I fell behind because it's so f*cking boring). I've got to finish these and file them, then do this week's stapling and filing. Bleah. Welcome to the glamorous world of movie making.

Every morning, I'm awakend at 5 am by Sofie ("she who will not let mom sleep in"). We go on a walk and then I either get ready to go to the gym, or crawl back into bed, or find stuff to do around the house. If I'm lucky, I curl up and watch a movie. Yes, I know it's 5:30am, but I'm awake and alone, I can watch whatever I want.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are my bootcamp classes from 6-7am. I love those classes and would gladly go 5 days a week. I really hate going to the gym anymore and I've been avoiding it, but I need to work out more than 3 days each week so things are going to have to change.

Anyway, at some point I shower and dress and scoop the litter box. Then Sofie and I go on our "8 o'clocks" up and around the cul-de-sac. When we get back, I pack up my crap and head off to work. I'm supposed to be in by 9 and I usually make it, but sometimes I run late and sometimes traffic sucks.

Once I get to work, my first task is to go down to craft service and get hard-boiled eggs and mixed berries for myself and my boss. I also take special requests, getting W a chocolate donut w/ nothing in it or M a banana or apple.

Then it's nose to the grindstone. HA! I only have about 3 hours of work each day but it's spread out - I do my thing and send it off for approval, then sit and wait for it to come back around 5:30 each night. Then I have to finish it off. It's pretty damn boring, but the pay rocks. And lunch is free. It seems ideal, but I'd really like to be a bit busier. I get out of work mode too easily and it's hard to get back in. Sometimes all I can do is put everything in a big stack and go thru it piece by piece - dealing with it one thing at a time. Sad but true.

Anyway, I usually manage to leave for home by 6:15 or 6:30. Then the husband and I have dinner and watch some tv and take Sofie for another walk. Then it's off to bed.

I need a hobby. Well, I have a hobby. I need to participate in my hobby.

No comments: