Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Moving

The husband and I are thinking about moving. Although I don't really like living under the restrictions of our Home Owner's Association, I do like our condo. It's not up to what I want it to be, but it's on it's way.

The problem is there are plans to tear down the apartment buildings next to us, and the apartment buildings next to them, and the apartment building around the corner, and the 3 houses next to that one. Not to mention the 2 apartment buildings on the next block or the office building that's converting to lofts one block north.

All that construction is not the biggest problem, though. Our condo is 1st floor and it looks out onto a wall, about 8 feet high, then onto said 2 story apartment building - there's about 20 feet between the 2 buildings. It's not a great view and there's not a huge amount of light getting in, but it's ok. When the new building goes up, it'll be 3 stories. If the building is as close as the apartments are now, then our little alley will be more like a cave than just a bit dim.

And since all of this construction will produce shiny new condos, our's will be the old, tired unit if we need to sell it. So I've been looking around and I've found a couple that I like enough to consider putting an offer down. One is the very first one I saw and I saw the other this past Sunday. They both have good and bad things about them and while I was in love with V, W is starting to grow on me.

We have one more weekend's worth of work to do before we can put ours on the market so it's not a big rush. There's no way we're going to take on 2 mortgages.

No comments: