Saturday, April 23, 2005

I Really Do Love Animals

Please don't call the ASPCA on me. I am a pet person. It's just that I occasionally have little "accidents" with my pets...

This time it's Sofie the dog. Today was our first attempt to trim nails and we did really well. The instructions said to trim a little bit off each week, which would make the vein recede. So I managed to get one paw done by myself. The second paw was harder for some reason, maybe because Sofie had figured out what was happening and didn't care for it. Anyway, I only got 1 or 2 nails done before I gave up.

After lunch, the husband held her down so I could finish, but I forgot which ones I had already done. Needless to say, I snipped, Sofie yelped, and blood flowed. Damn, did that bleed. And those stupid styptic pads were useless. And apparently tasty, since Sofie wanted nothing more than to eat them. The husband freaked out and we took off for the vet. By the time we got there, the bleeding had stopped, which was a good thing since the vet was closed.

But the dog is fine. She seems to have forgotten all about it, but I'll believe that when I try again next week. Got to keep those nails trimmed - I've got some nasty scars.

1 comment:

girlfiend said...

Bloody nails are nothing. I broke my cat's paw!